Now the clocks have gone back we are definitely in the realms of shorter, darker days and a noticeable drop in temperature! On the plus side it’s time to forgive yourself for turning to comfort food and enjoying some heart-warming meals!
At this time of year we welcome back the craving for roast dinners. Succulent meat, fluffy roast potatoes, a selection of veggies, the biggest yorkshire puddings you can find, and all smothered in lashings of rich gravy!
Whether you fancy beef, pork, chicken, lamb, or a scrummy vegetarian alternative, it’s all about finding the best roast dinner in town! We are here to help! So no matter your taste, budget or preferred style of venue, we’ve put together our top 10 places to get roast dinners in Southampton…
1. Simons at Oxfords found on Oxford Street
2. Platform Tavern found at Town Quay
3. Hotel TerraVina found in the beautiful New Forest
4. Grand Cafè found at Terminus Terrace
5. The Duke of Wellington found on Bugle Street
6. The Cowherds found at Southampton Common
7. Ennios found at Town Quay
8. Pitcher & Piano found in Ocean Village
9. Barcaro found in Ocean Village
10. The Lion found in Bedford Place
To be honest this list of 10 places to get a roast in Southampton could be at least 3x the length! With so many great venues offering the nations favourite dinner would you recommend somewhere? Let us know on Facebook!
If you’re hankering for a roast then Southampton is the place to be, just one of the great reasons to #VisitSouthampton